You must know what is good mileage for a used car if you are purchasing a pre-owned vehicle. There are still a few people who ignore this factor as technologies were not that advanced in the past. In my today’s article, I will help you understand what is a good amount of mileage for a used car in brief. Here, I have even listed down a few tips that need to be considered before making a final decision. You can read on further to know more about what is good mileage for a used car in detail.
What Is Good Mileage For A Used Car?
The good mileage for a used car is 12,000 miles per year. Generally, mileage varies from car to car. So, you can follow one basic rule to determine the good mileage for a used car. Simply multiply 12,000 by its age.
Have a look at the following examples.
- Good mileage for a 5 year old car = 5 X 12,000 = 60,000 miles
- Good mileage for a 7 year old car = 7 X 12,000 = 84,000 miles
- Good mileage for a 9 year old car = 9 X 12,000 = 108,000 miles
Thus, this formula can help you to determine how long a used car is supposed to last. Many times mileage can be misleading. So, continue reading to know what is good mileage for a used car.
What Is High Mileage For A Used Car?
There is no exact answer to the question of what’s high mileage for a used car. You simply have to follow the above general rule.
Age of the car X 12,000 miles = Car’s mileage
Not every used car has high mileage. This indicates that the car hasn’t been driven a lot. However, you can always check the odometer to get an accurate reading. You can also get the car inspected if you are buying a car with high mileage.
You can keep on reading to know what is good mileage for a used diesel car.
Mileage For A Used Diesel Car
In the case of diesel engines, anything more than 350,00 miles is considered a good mileage for used diesel cars.
Age Vs Mileage: What Is More Important?
Age and mileage are the two most important factors when it comes to purchasing a used car. Many people get confused about why age and mileage impact the value of vehicles. Don’t worry, I’ll help you to understand these factors.
Any vehicle with higher mileage is costlier than a similar vehicle with lesser mileage. This means that mileage directly impacts the condition of the car’s engine and suspension. Both the age and mileage will give you detailed information about a vehicle.
For example, if a new vehicle covers more mileage in a year, then it is worse in shape than a 5-year-old vehicle. This is because it has been driven extensively in a short span of time. Also, if a car is used in an urban area, it has more wear and tear than the car used on highways.
Thus, these factors help us to find out if the car has been regularly used or spent its life sitting in a garage.
Pros And Cons: High Mileage Car Vs Low Mileage Car
A car buyer must always consider the benefits and drawbacks of high vs low mileage used cars to understand their needs. Below I have listed down the pros and cons of purchasing a used high or low mileage car.
- Better Price: Cars with higher mileage are priced lower and are budget-friendly.
- Regularly Driven: High mileage indicates that the car is been used regularly by its owner. While cars with low mileage may also be a good option as long as their parts and components are maintained.
Let us now check out the risks of buying an old car with low mileage vs high mileage.
- Wear And Tear: Any car’s condition determines the way the owner treats their car. Sometimes a used car won’t last long as it has been gone through much damage or lack of use.
- Lower Resale Value: After a specific mileage, any used car’s performance collapses. It makes their resale value much lower than expected.
Tips For Shopping A Used Car
As a car buyer, I have helped you to understand how much good mileage is good for a used car UK. Below I have mentioned some tips that will help you to choose a used car in a smart way.
- Usage: It is important to know the previous owner’s driving history before buying a car. It helps you to determine a car’s engine and braking system in a more significant way.
- Maintenance: This is the most vital factor anyone looking at a used car must consider! Make sure you do check out the maintenance history such as oil changes, repairs, and more.
- Age: The age of the car help you to determine its parts such as ball joint, steering rack, wheel bearings, automatic gearbox, etc. These car parts wear down depending upon the number of miles travelled.
- Condition: Always examine the actual condition of a used car by a certified mechanic. They will help you to determine any significant damage that can affect the car’s performance and safety.
- Car’s Make And Model: A car’s make and model can really affect its reliability over time. Look for the brands that are still running well for many years. It helps you to find their parts easily in case of emergencies.
- Location: The vehicle’s home will help you to determine in which location the car is been driven. For example, cars driven in dry, warm locations undergo less stress as compared to wet, cold locations.
Gas Mileage For A Used Car
Do you know what is a good gas mileage for a used car? An individual can save money by choosing a used car with good gas mileage. Used cars having a gas mileage rating of at least 35 mpg are considered good. But remember this rate always varies and depends on your vehicle.
Is 200,000 Miles On A Car Bad?
No, having 200,000 miles on a car is not bad as long as the car is well maintained.
What Is A Good Mileage For A Car?
A vehicle with less than 100,000 miles on the odometer is considered a good mileage for a car.
To know more about such interesting things explore queryplex.com
How Many Miles On A Used Car Is Too Much?
A car having a mileage of more than 200,000 miles is considered too much.
Is 150,000 Miles On A Car Bad?
No, 150,000 miles on a car is not bad as long as the car is maintained properly.
Is It Good To Buy A Car With Over 100K Miles?
No, it is not good to buy a car with over 100k miles. Such cars start experiencing problems as soon as they cross this mark.
What Is Mileage On A Car?
Mileage on a car is an average distance travelled by a vehicle on a specified quantity of fuel.
What Is Good Mileage For A Used Car In Km?
Good mileage for a used car is 20,000 km per year on average.
In my above article, I have explained what is good mileage for a used car. Generally, 12,000 miles is considered good mileage for a used car. Depending upon the car’s age and usage, the car’s mileage increases. As a customer, you must always check the signs of wear and tear of a used car. If a car is driven on highways, there will be less wear and tear on the clutch, brakes, and gearbox. Thus, high mileage cars appear more valuable than low mileage cars. By understanding what is good mileage for a used car, you can easily buy a used car that’ll last for years!
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit heathhopro
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit howtat
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit infodeath